Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Guest Blogger Betty Presents:

Anyone for a movie?

Well it has been a “fun” four days of eating vegan for Wilma and I, but now it is time to get cheese, milk, and meat back into my system. I hope you all have enjoyed the experiment; and, I hope that you will try your own vegan experiments with the recipes provided. Knowing Wilma, this will not be the last food experiment we will be hearing about.

I was flipping channels the other day when I stopped on a movie review segment. Anyone who watches cooking shows on public television (guilty!) knows who the legends are: Jacques Peppin, Jacques Torrez, Lidia Bastianich. But the one who stands out among the rest is Julia Child. And now, they have made a movie based on her true story starring one of my favorite actresses, Meryl Streep.

Although it is not due out until August 2009, I figure I could provide you with my thoughts to create some hype around the movie. Julie & Julia is based on two true stories of women who are trying to find their purpose and passions in life. Julie Powell is your typical working professional who decides to create her own blog about cooking. Similar to Julia Child, she has no professional cooking experience. She only has a passion for eating. She decides to cook from Julia Child’s classic “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” over the course of the year in the hopes of gaining some recognition and purpose.

Concurrently, we travel to France and follow Julia Child as she transforms into your everyday food lover into the food personality we have grown to love over the years. Julie & Julia is a movie to inspire us to once again work hard and be determined to get what you want out of life. Check out IMDb.com for more information. Mark your calendars for this showing. While it may be cheesy, I am really looking forward to Meryl Streep’s portrayal of Julia Child. That will make it worth my while.

*Note: synopsis paraphrased from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503/plotsummary .

No comments:

Post a Comment