Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Hour Down on the Farm(icia)


After reading about Farmicia on one of my favorite blogs Veggicurious I had no problem convincing Betty to accompany me. As much as I read about local and organic, I haven't seen many local, organic and reasonably priced spots around that serve both happy hour and brunch, two of my favorite things.

Around 3rd and Market it's convenient to the El, is byo but also has a full bar, and has outside seating. Umm do you think they'd let me live there? The bartender said it basically serves as a coffee shop most mornings. With Metropolitan Bakery products, buttermilk pancakes, brioche french toast, and omelletes I'm sure it's a popular breakfast spot.

For happy hour, it can't be beat. A shared appetizer, sandwich with fruit salad, cocktail and a beer came out to under $25 including tax and tip. Everything and I mean everything at the bar is 1/2 price from 5-7. They have a great beer selection as well as specialty cocktails.

The menu is very vegitarian friendly. We started out with the trio of spreads. Make sure you ask for extra bread to scoop up the tuscan white bean spread, sundried tomato tapenade and artichoke pesto.








The best deals are found on the bar menu. I had a grilled cheese with tomato and Betty had a chicken sandwich. I will definitely be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment