Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Vegas Vacation Day 3

So much I still wanted to do on our last day. We had booked appointments at the spa, and I was a little nervous. No clue what a Vichy Shower treatment was but how bad could it be? It was hours later that I realized what I would be wearing.

First stop was the pool, welcome after months of cold Philly weather. Armed with new bathing suits, we took full advantage of some sunny poolside relaxation before heading to the spa. It doesn't take much to make me happy, and the big fluffy robe did the trick. I think the showers were the size of my apartment with enough water pressure to clean an elephant.

So the shower treatment was "interesting." First I was massaged all over with a delicious salt scrub which was the best part. Wasn't sure what to do when she left me alone with some scrub to get the parts she "didn't get to." Yikes. Then came 7 rotating shower heads swung over me as I relaxed and thought happy thoughts of winning at blackjack later.


While not exactly gourmet or vegetarian friendly, a ridiculous buffet was on my list of must do activities. I have to say I was morbidly curious and it just seemed like the epitome of excess and self indulgence that defines Vegas. The buffet at the Rio was highly recommended and apparently the largest buffet in town. The coupon provided by our hotel sealed the deal, so we hopped a shuttle over to the Rio. Like everything in Vegas, it thankfully lived up to my expectations. I don't think I've ever seen so much food in my life.

Now I know what you're thinking. It's our last day and I've made very little mentioning of gambling. Me and gambling is a funny story- just ask Betty and Sam. All I can tell you is that yes I played some blackjack before I left. I'll spare you the details, but Bamm-Bamm did quite well.

Hard to believe I fit it all in, and on a budget no less. I survived unscathed, came back with some great stories, and learned some important lessons. (Lesson #1: I think I need to get out more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment