Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Semi Homemade or Completely Unnecessary?

Sorry Food Network, I'm not finished my rant yet. I came across a brilliant article on everybody's favorite not-so-anonomously alcoholic, parading as a chef, and just plain lazy Food Network star Sandra Lee. I couldn't help myself.

Sandra Lee is everything that is wrong with home cooking and one of the few reasons that I will turn off Food Network and voluntarily watch Everybody Loves Raymond. Now that's really saying something.

Betty aptly described Sandra Lee as a "skinny Paula Deen" and you know how I feel about Paula Deen. How they both get paid to melt some Velveeta cheese, stick a spoon in it and call it soup will remain a mystery to me. I think Sandra scores higher on the offense-a-meter because of the fake smile, cringe inducing pink cocktails and stupid "tablescapes." At least Paula doesn't sugarcoat everything. Oh wait, I forgot about the time that she wrapped some chicken in bacon and coated the whole thing in sugar. Well, they're both foolish. Read the article if you want a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment