Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vegan Experiment Day 2

So last night I made a very simple and light dinner. Perfect for the hot weather. Betty generously shared some of her bangin' bruschetta and some bread. I made some vegan garlic bread and some sauteed sugar snap peas. Here are the recipes:

Vegan Garlic Bread

Baguette
Fresh garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Lemon Zest
Dried Basil and Rosemary
Salt
Pepper

Pour some olive oil into a bowl. Into it, start grating some garlic cloves (or use a press). Add all of the other ingredients to taste and spoon evenly and liberally onto sliced bread. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 mins. Unwrap so cut side is up and bake for another 5 minutes until desired crispiness.

Sugar Snap Peas with Soy Sauce and Lemon


This is pretty much self explanatory. Sautee some fresh sugar snap peas in a little canola oil over medium heat. Add a splash of soy sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season liberally with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.

Day 2

Note to self: Probably not a good idea to go 5 years in between visits to the dentist. I've always had pretty good teeth, and I never really go home where my regular dentist is. Ok, so I don't have a good excuse. I have good benefits at my job so I guess I've just been lazy.

New Dentist was not too happy with me but did he really have to keep shaking his head and laughing at me in the hallway to his dentist friends?

Long story short, I'm now sitting at work drooling on my self and unable to talk let alone eat. I am trying to slim down before I go to Vegas, but I would not recommend the novacaine diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment