Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Earth Day Adventure




The first of many foolish tales with Betty...

So in honor of Earth Day Betty and I decided to see Earth (http://disney.go.com/disneynature/earth/). I called up the Bridge on 40th St. to inqure if they were showing it. After 3 days of being told to call back because they didn't know yet they finally told me the day before that alas, they were not. To which I responded "Aww man, now we have to go to 69th street." The random guy on the phone wasn't sure how to react, but I feel like calling him back and saying "We did go to 69th street and it was great!" Of course I'd be lying, but it was an adventure.
My student worker, let's call him Dino, has been raving about Don Memo http://www.donmemomexicanrestaurant.com/ for a while which is near the theater. Well, when in Rome. (Or Upper Darby.) So hungry for some good mexican grub we wandered around in the rain trying to find the elusive Don.

We finally found him hiding across from the courthouse. We were the first (and only) ones to arrive, but it was 5:30 on a rainy Wednesday night. We started with some delicious guacamole made tableside served with chips and salsas. The salsas were more of a sauce, but still tasty. Betty ordered the carne asada, which is the mouthwatering picture at the top of my blog. My vegetarian fajitas with the works were just what I wanted served with warm flour tortillas.
Verdict: it will definitely hit the spot if you're in that 'hood and looking for hearty portions of mexican classics. I've been told they have a cart around 38th and chestnut, which would have been considerably easier to get to. Maybe next time.
Oh yeah and go see Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment