Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Saturday Fun in the Sun

I met Betty and Barney at Clark's Park farmer's market on Saturday. Betty and I love us some farmer's markets. Can't beat the fresh local produce at a great price. Luckily, there are several that are convenient to me. If you live or work near one and don't go, shame on you. Here is a great resource:


http://www.thefoodtrust.org/php/programs/farmers.market.program.php


I got some zucchini bread and a basil plant that barely survived it's journey through West Philly and back to my house. Next we headed down to Penn Relays, one of my favorite events of the year. Team Jamaica was there in full force. If you've never seen thousands of screaming Jamaican's it's quite a spectacle. Unfortunately I missed the racewalkers and the 70+ events. I heard the 92 year old was pretty good.


It was hot out but worth it to see some of the best athletes in the world and Bill Cosby all in the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment