Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Vegan Experiment Day 1

So I'm going to Vegas this Friday (much more on that later). I can't imagine eating vegetarian in Vegas is easy so I've decided to go vegan Monday through Thursday. I'm pretty sure 4 days is about all I can handle, and frankly if you're betting money that I can't do it you're probably right. Betty decided to join me in my quest so maybe she'll have some updates as well.

This morning I had a very sensible organic apple (from http://www.whitedogcafefoundation.org/farmstand.html) and some peanut butter. I was saddened to learn that my favorite breakfast standby Thomas' English Muffins contain milk.

For lunch, the pickings for a vegan around my office are slim. I chose some veggie summer rolls, which had the wrong label on them. Ok, so what was I supposed to do, complain to the manager that it had the wrong stinkin label or eat it and assume that it's vegan? Yeah I sure hope it didn't actually have "natural crab flavoring" in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment