Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

"New" Port?

As mentioned before I got to stay with my Grandparents (on my Dad's side) who live in this fantastic old house right in the middle of Newport. I was happy to show Fred my favorite childhood hangouts, but I realized that everything feels different now that I'm older. I guess that's what happens. Even though the places remain the same you see them in a different light. My grandpa was nice enough to give us the scenic tour and there was so much I didn't know or didn't remember.

Here are some more highlights from the trip:

Second Beach -My favorite beach, or maybe just the one I always went to growing up. It's great if you don't mind cold water and a little seaweed.

The International Tennis Hall of Fame is in Newport, but I'd never been inside. It's one of the few grass courts still in use today and in true Wilma style we ended up with 2 tickets to a tournament.

My grandparents treated Fred and me to dinner at the Atlantic Beach Club, a place that I go to every single time I'm here to get my fill of great seafood and local favorites. It's good to know that some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment