Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

How to Cook Like Your Grandmother

Why are Grandmas always such good cooks? Just ask the folks who wrote How to Cook Like Your Grandmother. Unfortunately neither of my Grandmas lives close enough to teach me, but we still have time honored traditions. Summer means cookouts that must include one thing: corn. I will always associate sweet summer corn with cookouts at my Mem's (my Grandma on my Mom's side) house. There are other classics that always get served too, this year it was her baked fish with buttery breadcrumbs. Perhaps I can get her to share some of her recipes like one of my personal faves- peanut brittle.
What does your Grandma cook?

2 comments:

  1. If this isn't the best blog name I've seen this month, it's in the top three. Vegetarians never seem to have a sense of humor about it. I suspect it's repressed anger from not being about to eat bacon any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew, I frequent your site and I'm a vegetarian. It's good to see some other vege with a sense of humour and perspective.

    I do think you're right, though; it's all about that lack of bacon. Even molassas cookies have bacon fat in them.

    ReplyDelete