Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Welcome to New England

Every year my family trip from MD to RI includes a stop in the quaint seaside town of Mystic, CT, recreated to resemble a 19th century fishing village. What do we do here every year you might ask? Do we visit the world's largest maritime museum or perhaps stroll through the wonderful shops filled with New England specialties? No. We eat at the local Friendly's. Yes, Friendly's.

As tempting and delicious as the Patty Melt is, I've always wondered if there is more to Mystic than our late night pit stop would suggest. After reading about the history of the town and the many attractions I decided that I had to see the town in the light of day. I'm sure they missed us at Friendly's this year. Sorry.

I had planned an afternoon strolling along the seaport and a romantic dinner on the water with live music. I think Mother Nature punished me for not going to Friendly's by unleashing so much rain that we could barley see through it. While we had to eat inside, the food at The Seamen's Inne was everything that I'd hoped for. Pictures will follow as I think they should stand on their own. This was easily one of the best meals I've had in a while.

PS- The Seamen's Inne also uses local ingredients and highlights local farms on their menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment