Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Awfully Good?

I love places that have stood the test of time. The Newport Creamery brings back memories, mostly of my Dad taking my brothers and I to get the beloved Awful Awful. I guess you would call it a milkshake, but not just any milkshake. Maybe my memories are skewed because I was small, but I remember it being the size of Andre the Giant's head. Anyplace that advertises "Drink 3 and get the 4th one free" has to be serious. It's 32 ounces of creamy lactose overdose inducing goodness. Just a reference, that's almost 3 pint glasses of milkshake.

Now you know I don't have a sweet tooth, so to me it's just awful. But because it's something of a legend around here I had to take Fred. I don't think he was quite prepared for both Awfuls so we got a Jr. to share. At least he didn't completely wimp out and get the reduced fat. Really, who orders a reduced fat 32 oz milkshake?

So maybe it is more dairy than one person should consume in a single sitting, but it's one of those things you just have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment