Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When in RI, Go With the Flo!

I think everyone was sick of hearing me talk about Flo's Clam Shack in the weeks leading up to my vacation. Like the Newport Creamery, it is steeped in family tradition and childhood memories. I was insistent that if we do nothing else on vacation we were going to Flo's. It's the experience of being by the beach and sitting down at a communal picnic table that makes it even better. Fried clams don't taste as good anywhere else in my opinion!

The fisherman's platter is a true New England experience. Heaping mounds of fried clams, scallops, shrimp, calamari, and cod over french fries and served with cole slaw. Washed down with a cold Corona it is maybe the perfect meal. If I'm on death row, this is what I'm ordering as my last meal.

Fred went with the ever popular fish and chips. Can't go wrong with that, but maybe next time I'll get him to try something new. I don't know why people are scared of whole clams. The bellies are the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment