Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

French Potato Salad

When my dad presented me with a giant mound of potatos and my mom presented me with some green beans visions of a french potato salad with green beans came to me with a mustard vinegarette drizzled over the still warm potatoes. I don't take credit for this idea, it's probably the result of way too much Food Network...

Ingredients

Small potatoes (yukon gold or fingerling...)
Green beans
Olive oil
Dijon mustard
Honey
White wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Cut potatoes into even bite size chunks and place in a pot of water. Bring to a boil and let cook until fork tender. Also start steaming your green beans. (Note that I only steam the green beans until they are cooked but still have a slight crunch. The texture will hold up better with the potatoes and dressing so be careful not to overcook them.)

While potatoes and beans cook, make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to taste. When the potatoes and beans are done cooking and drained, combine in a large bowl with the dressing. This should be done while the potatoes are still warm because they will absorb all of the dressing. Check for seasoning. This can be eaten warm or at room temperature, and the flavors will be even better as it sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment