Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sidecar(nivorous)

The Sidecar officially gets my vote for the best bar food and happy hour in Philly. I think we sat and ate/drank for almost 4 hours which is no easy feat. The beer list is not your usual suspects and it's all cheap, in the $3-$5 range. Their happy hour food specials are nothing to sneeze at either. Forget Center City Sips, I'm coming here for half price chili and carnitas.

When I tasted the chili I believe my exact words were "Why doesn't my chili taste like this?" I thought I made a decent chili but now I'm ashamed of it. I know eating meat is wrong, but it tastes so right.

After the chili I had to stop rationalizing my carnivorous tendencies. Meat is delicious and when it's $2 a carnita you must eat it. It's that simple.
Mussels cooked in beer and a smoky tomato sauce with grilled bread = I couldn't be more full but I have to eat every last bite. If I don't, I'll regret it.
Fred's friends, the Hatrocks, came so between all of us we got to sample even more like the fish and chips. I wish I could have tried everything on their menu.
I'm not sure how after 4 hours of eating and drinking we managed to fit this chocolate souffle in but maybe we got a second wind.


Clearly I am a fan, and I will say they are vegetarian friendly. I like when restaurants indicate veg items on their menus, but at a place this good I say go ahead and indulge in some meaty goodness and try and make up for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment