Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Less is... Less

I love miniature things. It's not just a matter of neccessity given my lack of space, I just think little things are awesome. You know - Polly Pockets, the mini stapler and roll of tape that Betty got me, mini post-its, my mini food processer...

Which is why Pearl River Mart in New York City is the best store ever. Period. I had an afternoon to kill in New York recently and spent the entire time there contemplating what I could carry back to Philly in my purse. I should have brought a suitcase.

If I had a larger apartment I would furnish it entirely with stuff from Pearl River. I used every ounce of self control to only buy a few practical things for my kitchen, but I couldn't help myself when I saw these:


I thought maybe Sam could use the bamboo steamer the next time he's hungry for one dumpling, and Betty can grate some tiny cheese.


I've ordered from their website before and noticed that they now have a bridal registry. So instead of that nice set of crystal how about a "hand embroidered tiger hat" or a "coconut er hu"? Who am I kidding that's totally what I would register for...

No comments:

Post a Comment