Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Introducing the Gruesomes!

You know you're getting older when you're friends start getting married. At least that's how I felt when my friends Weirdly and Creepella got married. It was my first bridesmaid experience, and I just have to thank Creepella for being such an awesome bride to be! I had a blast, from the dinosaur themed wedding shower to the fruit roll ups with their faces on it. I thought I would highlight their choice of footwear. Classy! (And practical.)

Seeing as this is a food blog I know everyone wants to know about the food. In a word, fabulous! Knowlton Mansion was a beautiful setting and the food was delicious! They even brought us drinks and hors d'oeuvres while we took pictures outside. There was so much food I can't remember it all- grilled cheese and tomato soup, fondue, mashed potatoes, two kinds of pasta, focaccia, not to mention the carving station. I may or may not have sampled the roast beef and turkey, but I'm happy to report there were many vegetarian options and not just the obligatory salad. The desserts were equally impressive, and I sampled more than a few.

Creepella, I know you like to cook. Anytime you want to do a guest blog and maybe share some recipes or tips let me know! I'm thinking we could call it "Grab Some Grub With the Gruesomes."

No comments:

Post a Comment