Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do Crabs Bark?

On our way out of town I wanted to experience every last bite of fresh New England seafood while I still could. Goodbye lobster rolls, fried clams and chowder. I love lots of things about the Philadelphia food scene, but seafood isn't one of them.

We'd been to many of my go-to places so we decided to try The Barking Crab. Well, I should say we settled on it because it was conveniently located and we were pressed for time. They get an A+ for ambiance. Lots of outdoor seating, right on the water, live music, a beautiful raw bar...


The food wasn't bad, in fact the oyster poboy I had was fantastic. I can't say I've eaten a lot of oyster poboys but I thought the oysters were perfectly meaty and crunchy with a nice spicy sauce.


Fred's lobster roll, however, just wasn't worth the hefty price tag. It was delicious but you could have gotten one just as good for much cheaper. Lesson learned. I should have taken him to nearby La Forge, but I'm glad I tried something new.

So farewell New England. I've eaten my weight in seafood, but it was worth every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment