Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wilma Presents: Single Serving

Friends,

It's been a blast being on the road and eating out with friends and family. Now that it's back to the grindstone I've returned with lots of tips and recipes, great seasonal ingredients and time on my hands. This blog is a work in progress, and I am learning every day from my fellow bloggers about how to be informative, inviting, and most of all entertaining. I welcome all feedback!

One thing that has struck me recently in the food world- Many food shows, books, magazines and websites cater to very specific markets. Which is fine. If I'm a working mom, yeah maybe I'd appreciate Melissa D'Arabian trying to convince me I can feed a family of four for $10. Or if I'm an alcoholic with no tastebuds or sense of morality Sandra Lee can teach me a few things. But I am none of those things. I live and cook by myself in a tiny studio apartment. I am mostly vegetarian and care about eating locally and seasonally. I am definitely on a budget. I know I'm not the only one, but where is the help for me?

Cooking for one on a budget is a challenge, but I have not resigned myself to prepackaged frozen meals and takeout. I don't always succeed, but more often than not I end up with satisfying, healthy and interesting meals. And so I present to you a new "column" entitled: Single Serving. I'll share with you how I turned my non-existent kitchen into my food haven with very little money. Stay tuned.

Wilma.

No comments:

Post a Comment