Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Where is Wilma's Wisdom?

Readers,

I've been neglecting you lately, but I think I have a good reason. I went in for the fairly simple and very common procedure of wisdom teeth removal well over a week ago and am thoroughly convinced that my oral surgeon hates me and wants me to starve to death. Either that or he gets his kicks by secretly wiring people's jaws shut and waiting to see how long it takes them to figure it out.

So please don't talk to me about food. It's all I can think about, and if I have to eat another bite of applesauce or pudding I might cry. I broke down this weekend and shoved a burrito, steak, chicken and grilled cheese into the tiny gap between my teeth in desparation. Maybe funny to watch but not fun to swallow whole.

I've been collecting lots of ideas and pictures so no worries. Once I get back on my feet there will be plenty to talk about.

Love,
Wilma

3 comments:

  1. oh dear, and we had all hoped you were back to solid food by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does NOT sound as if the healing is going quickly... perhaps you should NOT eat meat, oh veggie girl, during recovery! Burrito? Steak? Chicken? Health foods?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about macaroni and cheese? It's soft and delicious. Mashed potatoes always good too. I hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete