Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Keep It Simple Stupid.

The One Local Summer Challenge has officially begun and apparently I'm now a volunteer regional coordinator. The challenge is to cook a meal every week using all local ingredients with the exception of things like salt and pepper. Instead of starting with a recipe, I think the best approach is to see what's fresh and seasonal and work around those ingredients.

Maybe there will be elaborate meals and creative dishes along the way, otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge right? The beauty of good ingredients is that they taste good prepared simply or elaborately, so I will do my best to highlight the ingredients themselves. This first week is a great example.


My weekend breakfast staple of eggs and toast was made with ingredients from the Rittenhouse Farmer's Market:

Pastured eggs
Raw milk cheddar cheese
Spinach and parmesan baguette
Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment