Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Dream of Pizza

I normally dream about food but my recent pudding and applesauce diet made my food dreams even more intense. I had like 20 pizzas in front of me then suddenly woke up drooling and cursing the fact that it wasn't real. I tried in vain to go back to sleep so I could finish my pizza.

I'm no pizza connoisseur. I like pizza, but I grew up on Dominos and to me most pizza falls into the category of good and bad. Here in Philly I have my favorite delivery standbys and for really gourmet pizza I'll go to Mama Palmas, but few inspire the nightime fantasies I experienced the other night.

I have this romantic vision of people who give up professional jobs to open up their own pizza shop as something that only happens on the Food Network or Desparate Housewives. Now I can say that I know someone who's making it a reality! I've tasted the pizza many times (although never been there) and from what I've tasted, it's everything it should be. It tastes homemade and tastes like the person who made it truly loves pizza and uses the best ingredients possible. We order it for every occasion in my office, and even though I eat a lot of it apparently I can't get enough. I'm drooling right now as I'm typing and imagining the garlicky bruschetta with fresh tomatoes.


For all you South Jerseyites out there or if you don't mind driving, check out V & S Pizza in Barrington, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment