Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Billy Mays Here...

I have a strange obsession with infomercials that I can't really explain. Let's just say I'm easily amused and also very gullible. Which is how Betty and I ended up with 2 Titan Peelers complete with the julienne slicer and mandoline attachment.

Now I know what you're thinking, but I'm not one to whip out my credit card at the drop of a hat. Believe me when I say that I gave it a lot thought before buying. I could have bought the Magic Bullet I've been eyeing for 3 easy payments of $33.33 (plus $39.98 s&h) so the Titan Peeler is a steal!

It was the hardest 4-6 weeks of my life, waiting for that package to arrive. I felt like a little kid impatiently waiting for Christmas to come. Just when I had given up hope, there it was sitting in my mailbox. I practically skipped down the hall excited to tell Betty the good news.

The good news is... I have now satisfied my curiousity for "as seen on tv" products. I learned an important lesson that day. Actually I learned it the first time I used the mandoline attachment and very nearly titan peeled the tip of my thumb off.

But maybe I'm wrong to judge all of these products based on my own clumsiness and some cheaply made piece of plastic. How about the Bacon Genie? Can't go wrong with a name like that. So many choices, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment