Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I Will Miss

I will miss being able to share culinary adventures with my office mates. I will never forget last summer bringing in our haul from the CSA every other week and spreading it out on an office table. While cookies and candy are a regular occurence, we got quite a few stares with our giant heads of cabbage, bright red beets, and kabocha squashes. Nobody seemed to mind it though when we shared our giant watermelon one week. Note to all office managers: nothing will boost office morale like a giant ice cold watermelon in the middle of July.

And so it wasn't completely out of place that Betty and I found ourselves slicing into a whole pineapple, dicing onions and chili peppers, and tearing up cilantro at her desk last week. Ok, it was very out of place. Our office doesn't even have a break room. Also, we had to use a mystery plate we found as a cutting board and a scary knife that's been in our office since the dawn of time. I don't want to know how it got here.

When I decided to organize a potluck for a meeting, chips and dip might come to mind. Well you can imagine I wasn't gonna show up with a bag of tostito's and some french onion dip.

Instead I brought homemade tortilla chips and if you hadn't guessed from above Betty made fresh pineapple salsa. Oh and I almost forgot about my fresh brewed sweet tea with mint. I think I could have a new career as a caterer and considering how many catered events my office alone has it might not be a bad idea. Recipes to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment