Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Food Network Here We Come

I have very few nice things to say about the Food Network. Even if I had the talent, charisma, and desire to share my cooking skills on TV I would avoid Food Network at all costs.

But that doesn't mean I can't be excited when I might have the opportunity to have my face shown on a Food Network show right? Ok I'm probably a huge hypocrite. I attribute it more to boredom than hypocrisy.

Whatever the case may be, here's the scoop for any foodies and television junkies in the area. The Food Network is taping a Philly episode of "Chef's Vs. City" tomorrow. If you haven't seen it, it's about as hokey as you'd expect it to be. Teams of celebrity chefs and wannabe Food Network "stars" race across major cities performing challenges like shoving fiery curry down their faces as quickly as possible.

I don't know what all the stops in Philly will be - I would imagine there are cheesesteaks and soft pretzels involved - but I do know that around lunchtime they will be filming at 34th and Walnut. As a loyal patron of the food truck Magic Carpet, I am thrilled that the challenge will include contestants making and selling falafel on the street. I'll be the first in line. Followed closely by Betty and Slagheap if only because I'll be dragging them down there to scope out the scene with me. I figure with 3 people we have a better shot at having someone's face end up in the final cut.

So look out world, WVE is officially making it's television debut. We're gonna be huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment