Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beer Week (and vegan eats!) at Rembrandt's

It was Philly Beer Week that brought me to one of my favorite restaurants in the Art Museum district. I don't often make it to that neighborhood but when I do and I'm hungry I head over to Rembrandt's. And I always order the Tuscan fries.

I give full credit for the discovery of Tuscan fries to Fred. As he tells it, he's been going for years, always orders Tuscan fries, and never shares. And each time as he watches his fellow diners reaching for a bite he tells them that next time they should order their own. Because they are no longer on the menu, if you ask nicely for some Tuscan fries it is a secret code that you are a regular and should be treated as such. I think it's the balsamic drizzle that makes them so addictive. Or maybe the roasted vegetables.

All of their food is consistently good. 



And while I may not always partake, I always appreciate bars that make an effort for the few vegetarian bar goers. Because the food is always so good here, I decided to go out on a limb and order one of their specials, tofu skewers with coconut rice and a red pepper sauce. Kudos to Rembrandt's for having an elegant, original and delicious vegan offering on their menu.


My one gripe is that although the beer selection is good, it's rather pricey. Still, I mostly go just for the food so it doesn't really matter.
Rembrandt's Restaurant and Bar
 741 N. 23rd Street
 (Corner 23rd & Aspen Sts. in the Art Museum Area)
 215-763-2228

No comments:

Post a Comment