Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Popular Mechanics

I don't hang out in Old City often, and there are only a few places that I think warrant a trip down there. I tend to avoid the trendy, overpriced bars and college age crowd especially during the weekends, but I've added National Mechanics, on 3rd St. between Chestnut and Market, to my list of favorite happy hour spots. It often makes people's lists for the best burgers in the city, and I would add that it's also one of the best bargains in the city for quality bar food. I always appreciate a roomy dining area, perfect for a group, and as a bonus they have a giganctic big screen tv.

I can't say enough about the food. The first time Betty and I went for happy hour, Betty got bread pudding. If you think it isn't normal happy hour fare, you are wrong. I've sampled quite a few things on their menu, but have not yet tried their famous veggie burger. All the burgers are $6 during happy hour which might explain their popularity. They have decent beer specials as well. Here are some pics from my last trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment