Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Disappointing Dinner at La Fourno

Fred and I decided that we needed to change up our regular dinner routine so we headed on down to the other end of South Street to check out La Fourno. The gift certificate Fred had been holding on to didn't hurt either.

It was a mixed bag of great service but mediocre food. The attention to customer service almost bordered on overbearing. The manager was hard at work mingling with customers the entire night and my water was constantly refilled. They were trying so hard so I felt bad when the food turned out to be mediocre.

Our appetizers of mussels and crab bisque were fine. I really think my overall impression of the food was due to the fact that they call themselves a pizzeria but the pizza was terrible. I expected a nice crispy crust at the very least, but the roasted peppers on my pizza seemed to have turned it into a soggy mess. Almost all of their pizzas seemed to contain roasted peppers, and I'm sure they aren't all as soggy as mine was. Maybe my pizza was just a result of a busy kitchen that night. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I'll get pizza there again.

Maybe if I'm in the neighborhood I would give them another try because they are reasonably priced, but there are so many great restaurants in this city and this just wasn't a standout.

No comments:

Post a Comment